The holidays have come and gone, and we have finished our first week of this New Year. Have you set your “resolution” list yet? Is it longer than your holiday shopping list? If your anything like me you feel like your working hard, but not making any traction. This is YOUR year to change that! By making S.M.A.R.T. goals. Having SMART goals, will make keeping your New Years Resolutions more successful and on track. Where to begin:
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
- Achievable (agreed, attainable).
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
- Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).
This method can be used for all aspects of your life finances, career, spiritual, wellness no matter what goals you are trying to accomplish setting smart goals will help you be more successful in doing so. Here is an example of setting SMART goals for wellness/ weight loss.
- Specific- I want to lose 15 pounds over the next 3 months. (To be healthier all over and feel more comfortable in my skin)
- Measurable- I will lose 5 pounds per month, this is a slow but good pace that will allow me to maintain it and stick with it with out taking drastic manners.
- Achievable- I will accomplish this goal by going to the gym no less than 3 times a week, I will schedule these workouts. I will only drink water and tea- no sugary sodas or coffee. I will cook at home at least 5 days a week and make good choices when eating out.
- Relevant-Is this a good time in my life, are there any obstacles or issues I see that will deter be from staying on track or reaching these goals.
- Time Bound- I will try and reduce my calories along with working out to lose about 1 pound per week. So that each month I will hit my 5-pound mark without feeling like I’m not being successful.
😊 This method has been proven to be successful for years. No matter what that goal may be, when you break your bigger goals down to smaller monthly, weekly or daily goals they become more achievable and you become more successful. If weight loss or overall wellness is one of YOUR New Years Resolutions we are here to help. Join our 2018 Project 180° Weight Loss challenge and we can help you make SMART goals and be successful in this New Year! Call us to schedule your Free Consultation today at 214-219-9727.